Saturday, January 21, 2012

Oregon 450 vs xperia active pt 2 mapmyride

Today the 29+ km/h of wind wasn't enough to keep me inside. So I charged the batteries and went out for the weeks endurance road bike training.
This time I tested mapmyride application which is preloaded in xperia active. I put it in my pocket and started. 129 km to Kalikrateia and back. With the wind on my back everything was ok but at the return it was like going uphill to Kaimaktsalan dragging 3 others with a rope.
Back home and I uploaded the 2 gpx on the internet.
1st thing I disliked in mapmyride is that it needs an internet connection to save the workout, which means that if you go for a weekend on a mountain and want to do 2 workouts, that will be impossible.
2nd thing I disliked is that mapmyrides site doesn't show many details of the workout, just the same things as on your phones screen.
Also mapmyride overestimate the calories consumption as the same does with the total elevation.
So until now, endomondo - mapmyride 4-0.
As for the battery I started with 100% and after 5.5 hours of gps, ANT+, 2 phone calls and some playing, it was at 50% but with the display off because it was in my back pocket. 
Also I just found out that mapmyride does not have an embed option and I had to put it with a link, so it goes endomondo - mapmyride 5-0.


Mapmyride

No comments:

Post a Comment